Women's Spring Bible Study
Every Saturday starting March 23, 2019 until May 18, 2019
9:30pm – 10:30pm
Ladies, join us for this 8 week Bible study: Contentment by Melissa Kruger (DVD Series, Ligonier Ministries). This study meets weekly at The Heights Church on Saturday mornings from 9:30–10:30am, March 23 - May 18 (no study on April 20). All are welcome! To RSVP or to get more information, please contact Mary Schmuland (763.443.7293 / email@example.com).
- Biblical Contentment, March 23, 2019
- Defining Contentment, March 30
- The Source of Contentment, April 6
- The Enemy of Contentment, April 13
- What Causes Discontentment?, April 27
- Patterns of Discontentment, May 4
- An Example of Contentment, May 11
- Cultivating Contentment, May 18
Here's a brief description of the study from Ligonier.org
It can be hard to be content. Our culture encourages us to covet and consume in ways that are contrary to biblical teaching. But the Apostle Paul was content in plenty and in want. He wrote to the Philippians, “I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound” (Phil. 4:12). What was Paul’s secret? How do we cultivate contentment in our lives? In Contentment, Melissa Kruger considers what it really means to be content: to place our trust in our good and sovereign God. Only in Jesus Christ do we find ultimate contentment.